"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

6.05.2008

Satisfaction

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied... Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." -Sermon on the Mount Matthew 5:6,8

The days that I go to bed with the greatest amount of satisfaction are the days that I spend being consumed by who God is, playing with Micah, preparing my home for my family, and seeking to love others. I believe that these things come from a heart that has pure motives, not a desire for selfish gain. But often times I lie in bed a night and realize that most of my day was spent wasting time with TV, the internet, being frustrated with Micah, and having contact with no one but Ryan. Although throughout they day I may be satisfied by these fleeting pleasures, I am left empty and as though the day was a waste. I read these verses today and realized that my soul is only truly satisfied when I hunger and thirst for the righteousness that can only come from seeing God. So, I will seek to have a pure heart (or motive) in all that I do.

Father, grant me a hunger and thirst for righteousness and a pure heart that would allow me to see you each day, leaving my soul satisfied. In Jesus name, Amen

1 comment:

April said...

Christie, you always edify me. Thanks friend... for your hunger.
By the way, I am still praying :-)