"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

11.21.2007

Know God...

Life on this earth is a grand journey. The Maker of the universe has drawn some unto Himself and has already set before them a path filled with grace to equip us each day as we grow. Often as believers we do not live as though this process has already been planned and completed in the eyes of our maker. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 tells us that the "God of Peace himself" will sanctify us completely so that in spirit, soul, and body we will "be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." The God that has called us is faithful, and will surly complete His work. He already knows the work that He will fulfill in me, and yet I often doubt His hand in the everyday matters of my life. The God of Peace himself, what does that mean? Perhaps Jesus explains it best when he says in John 16:33 "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." I think that is it. In the world you will have tribulation. Period. But I (I love that) have overcome the world. That blows me away. The God that I worship has already overcome the world. That means that the tribulation that I face or better stated, each sanctification moment that I meet, I should have peace in, because Jesus has already overcome it. He walked on the earth as fully man, and triumphed over it. Romans 8:35 and 37 say "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?...No, in all these things we are more then conquerors through Him who loved us."

How important is it for us to know our God and to believe the promises that he has set before us to read. As a wife and mom, life hands me different trials then perhaps if I worked outside of the home. If I allow, I could begin to see my work as unimportant or perhaps not as valuable as others; however, the way that I grip onto scriptures and as I embrace the work of the Holy spirit in me I see the great importance that God places on woman at home (Proverbs 31), and the work that he preserves just for me. I must know my God and understand Him intimately to value my place on this earth. I was at a conference a few weeks ago and heard a woman speak about the importance of woman in the church. In a later interview she said,” By self-consciously pursuing a deeper understanding of God, we fortify ourselves for the challenges and difficulties that will inevitably come our way." -Carolyn Curtis James

Know your God and realize that He has "purified for himself a people for His own possession who are zealous for good works." Titus 2:14

Be encouraged today by the Holy Spirit wives and moms...

No comments: