"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

11.26.2007

learn what is good

Perhaps I should explain the meaning behind the title of this blog, Young woman learn what is good. Okay, so I realized that this is not directly from the Titus 2:3-5 passage, but rather it a phrase that sums up the application for young women. In verse three the older woman are instructed to "teach what is good, and so train the young woman..." to do what I believe are seven critical continuous choices. The continuous action of choosing provides the daily opportunity to worship God. In Romans chapter twelve, Paul appeals to the believer that they should "present their bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." Look at the things that the older woman are instructed to teach the young women: to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husband. Each one of these beckons the young woman to choose to give of herself for the betterment of both herself and her family. These actions are found to be holy and acceptable in the eyes of God, qualifying them to be spiritual worship. What a difference it makes when I realize that my daily life is more than wiping noses and rears, cooking meals, and maintaining my home, but rather through each of these actions I can present myself as a living sacrifice. I must realize that my life can be used as a constant act of worship before God and not just a series of tasks to accomplish. Just something to ponder.

In my life's journey I am often the younger women, so here I will try to record my journey as I seek to learn "what is good."

No comments: