"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

1.23.2010

I'm glad God is Soverign

Micah has been sick for about the last 17 hours. About midnight we woke up to him crying our names. To my unfortunate surprise, he has thrown up all over his bed. He went to bed feeling like his usual self at 8:00, but apparently something was already lurking inside. It was a rough night. Each time he would fall back asleep we were up within the half hour back in the bathroom. I think mommy, Micah, and daddy slept a total of 2 hours.

He has been pretty pitiful today. The stomach bug has continued, but thankfully he has finally found rest now (going on 2 hours now). But all of this got me thinking. Micah's sweet, innocent, pitiful-feeling self, believes that his mommy and daddy have everything under control and all he has to do is call our name and we will be there; however, as I am holding his head each time he gets sick... I feel helpless, knowing there is nothing I can do to heal him.

So, in the midst of Micah sickness it has made be reflect on how much I should rejoice in the God who is all-knowing and sovereignly in control of all things. When I plead out in my pain, he does not feel helpless; rather, He hears my cries and he speaks to me through His word, "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10)

If Micah can cry to his mommy who is fallible, untrustworthy, impatient and lacking power to change his circumstances, how much more should I cry out to a God who is perfect, steadfast, constant, and all powerful.

He's awake... off to watch 101 Dalmatians! (again!)

2 comments:

April said...

so sorry micah is sick! Maybe you should give him some of those baked lays :-), Maybe see you tomorrow?

Persis said...

Sorry to hear Micah is sick. Praying you and the rest of the family stay healthy.