"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

1.02.2010

Thoughts for the New Year

My thoughts (not resolutions) for the New Year :

(1) Christianity is state of being, not just doing

(2) Often I allow my emotions to tell me what truths to believe, but thanks to the book of Jonah, I have learned that truth (absolute truth set fourth by the Bible) must dictate my emotions.
so...
This means I have to know the truth of God's Word. Most people make the resolution to read the whole bible in one year or 6 months or 90 days. But for me... I'm just going to tackle the New Testament. There are 27 books in the New Testament with a total of 246 chapters. There are 365 days this year. If you take out the 104 weekend days, that leaves you with 261 week days. So, I'm going to take my time and read one chapter out of the New Testament every week day this year. Someday I might read the whole bible in a year, but for now, I want to take my time and really absorb what each word, phrase, sentence, paragraph, and chapter is saying! I'm excited about spending this time with God.


Happy New Year to Everyone!

2 comments:

Nicolette Stephens said...

SO- how is your reading going a few weeks in?

Christie said...

Very well actually! And very rich. It has been a great impact on my soul. Meditating the the words of Christ and His commandments has brought conviction and encouragement to my heart (that's a given when reading scripture), but also arming with the knowledge of how to encourage others, specifically my own children. Thanks for asking! Accountability is needed!