"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

11.17.2008

Holiday Anxiety


I love the holiday season! There just seems to be something about this time of year that makes everything feel just a little bit more special. However, since I have been married, I have had to learn how to share the holidays with not only my family, but also with Ryan's. It is our desire to be with everyone on those days, but time is short and we always feel a little rushed. So, I tend to place more anxiety on myself then needed to try and make everything and everyone fit. As my children grow older, I don't want them to see my anxiety about this time of year and in return lose some of the joy. So, like everything else in life, I've decided to make this a matter of prayer. I have begun to realize that the holiday season is a chance to spend time with family, but more importantly it is a chance to reflect on the Gospel and how God has continually blessed Ryan and I throughout our lives. Although I have started to have a new perspective on things, I still struggle with who should sit by who at our Thanksgiving dinner for nineteen.

No comments: