"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

10.19.2009

Lead by example... there are very good benefits!

For years it has been my routine to clean the house on Mondays. The weekend always seems to bring a mess, so it has been both practical and helpful. I enjoy starting the week off with a clean house. It makes the rest of the week fall more easily in place: play dates, last minute dinner invites, and whatever else may come. Micah, since he could crawl, has always wanted to help when I am cleaning. For his second birthday we bought him a kids Dyson so that he could vacuum just like mommy. Well recently, it has gone from just cleaning when I clean, to doing it for fun! The other day he found some sponges in his art kit and asked me if he could have a bowl of water. A minute later I found him doing this....











He said, "Mommy, this wall soooo dirty...I need to clean it!" I thought to myself, "Sweet!!!...Sure wish I could give him some Lysol!" Sobering to realize that my actions and example will have a lasting affect on this little boy's life... But as for this example....I'm very glad he is following in my (and his daddy's) foot steps!

No comments: