"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

10.05.2009

Not exactly what is good for you....but more like tastes good to you!

Saturday morning Ryan wasn't feeling very well so I decided to let him sleep in. To my surprise Lydia also decided to sleep in till about 9:15. So, Micah and I decided to take advantage of it just being the two of us... and we made donuts. When I was a little girl every once and a while my mom would make fresh homemade donuts. Those were my favorite Saturday mornings. Just her and I making something I thought you could only by in the store. So Micah and I set out to do the same thing. And I must say, it was a success. I found this donut recipe online and it made amazing homemade donuts. I thought it was something good to share!
1 cup of warm milk
5 teaspoon
s of yeast (2 packets)
pinch (1 teaspoon) of sugar
2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of potato mashed up*
Oil for Frying


1. Mix together milk, yeast, and sugar. Let stand for about 5 minutes
2. *Microwave medium size potato for 5-6 minutes until soft when squeezed. Scoop out insides and mash with a fork.
3. Mix together flour, salt, sugar, and mashed potato
4. Add milk mixture to the flour mixture. Mix in mixer (with dough hook) for 3 minutes. (dough will be very sticky)
5. Remove dough from mixer onto a very floured surface. Knead until dough is not sticky and able to be rolled out
6. Find something to cut out a large circle and something to cut out a hole in the center
7. Let rise about 5 minutes while oil heats up in the skillet to about 360 degrees (1 inch or so of oil in skillet)
8. Drop donuts a few at a time so the oil does not cool down. Turn when color turns like brown
9. Let cool and drain on a rack
10. Shake finished donuts in a bag of cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar! Enjoy

Recommendations for the donuts by my kids!