"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

2.25.2010

Davidsons run on Dunkin'...

We dropped Ryan off at the airport this morning. He is headed to Southern Seminary for a class/conference. Since it was early and we hadn't had breakfast yet, we thought it necessary to go to Dunkin' Donuts. We got some donut holes, orange juice, and hot chocolate. Although I do not like coffee, I love the smell of it, particularly Dunkin' Donuts coffee. So it was sad because Ryan wasn't there and it just seemed wrong not to buy some... but not wrong enough to get one myself. I miss my husband already and his coffee drinking self.

But while I was there, a man dressed in casual clothes, mid thirties, with a stocking cap on came in, handed me something, and said "have one." At first glance it was a comic strip, but with further examination I realized it was a Salvation tract. I smiled at him, kindly told him I wouldn't need it, and that my husband was a Baptist pastor. He smiled, asked what church it was. I told him and then he told me he was not from around here. I encouraged him in his efforts. The encounter made me realize how easy it could be to engage someone about the gospel. My hope would be that he is engaging those he encounters in conversation, but nonetheless, the gospel was being proclaimed. Something for me to ponder....

1 comment:

J.Ryan Davidson said...

What cute kids! Their daddy must be proud...almost got a coffee eh?