"...They are to teach what is good, and so train the young woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Titus 2:3-5

2.26.2010

Currently my favorite song....

And my second favorite musical artist.... (second only to his daddy)

My God is so BIG
So STRONG and so MIGHTY
There is NOTHING my God CAN NOT DO!

Reading a righteously convicting book that has brought me to my knees in prayer several times since I began it. I want my children's minds to be filled with truth about God and His mighty power to save, His holiness, and His wrath against sin apart from Christ....
"And all this is one of God's merciful arrangements. He gives your children a mind that will receive impressions like moist clay. He gives them a disposition at the starting-point of life to believe what you tell them, and to take for granted what you advise them, and to trust your word rather than a stranger's. He gives you, in short, a golden opportunity of doing them good. See that the opportunity be not neglected, and thrown away. Once let slip, it is gone for ever."
-J.C. Ryle The Duties of Parents

1 comment:

April said...

One of our fave songs too. I was thinking of this the other day, and how Hannalee is sooooo interested in God, and am brought to conviction last night when she woke up from a nightmare and came into our room and asked us to pray with her. She prayed that God would take away her fear and let her sleep, this morning she said guess what mommy, after I prayed I slept very well. I said God is good isn't he. And she said yeah mom, He is perfect. Oh, to have a faith like hers sometimes. :-) I didn't know Ryan was out for a few days... I hope you are doing well! Love ya friend